Friday, June 29, 2012

Week 1

Here is what I've purchased so far for our first "official" week of living on a budget:
I went to Shaw's this morning and spent $43.11 of our allowance.  Here's my list of purchases
6 Suddenly Salad pasta salads-used coupons
1 loaf of bread-store brand
1 bag of croutons-store brand-used store coupon
2 cans of black olives-lindsey-used coupon
3 boxes of fudgicles-popsicle -used coupons
3 frozen dinners-lean cuisine-all marked down
1 box fish sticks-Gorton's-marked down
1 frozen cheeseburger-value time
1 frozen saugage/cheese biscuit-value time
2 packages breaded chicken cutlets-perdue-marked down
2 packages hamburger (about 1.25 lbs. each)-both marked down
2 packages thin sliced steaks (about 3/4 pound each)-both marked down
1 package split chicken breast (about 4 pounds)-marked down and on sale
5 ears corn
1 package hot dogs-bar s
2 packages sliced turkey breast-store brand lunch meat-both marked down
My total before coupons and sales was $81.02 so I saved $37.91 on this trip.  This leaves us with $46.89 left in the budget for whatever else I'm going to need which will be mainly produce as far as I can see for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment